Leeds Post-Punk 1977-1984
A new post-punk era release on Caroline True Records!
First 100 pre-orders come with a numbered limited edition artwork print on heavy Art-Punk paper!
The Leeds post-punk scene, and the impact of the city’s art schools on its music, have been unjustly overlooked – until now. This double vinyl set compiled by author Gavin Butt comprises hitherto unreleased, unheard & rare tracks, plus several favourites, by diverse art school acts who experimented with art-punk, electro, pop, dada, fluxus and punk-funk. Contains extensive liner notes and reproductions of unseen ephemera and artworks.
Draft track listing (subject to minor amendment)
1. Mekons – Trevira Trousers. Previously unreleased demo version
2. Sheeny and the Goys – (Ever Such) Pretty Girls. Previously unreleased
3. Gang of Four – The Things You Do. Previously unreleased
4. Delta 5 – Alone. Live version from Hurrah.
5. Scritti Politti – Messthetics
6. Soft Cell – The Girl with the Patent Leather Face. Demo version
7. Graeme Miller & Steve Shill – Travelling Theme
8. Fad Gadget – Diminished Responsibility (to be confirmed)
9. Ron Crowcroft – Gogo dancer
10. The Smart Cookies – Loud and Lonely. Previously unreleased
11. Another Colour – Wartime Working Woman. Previously unreleased
12. Cast Iron Fairies – Tengo Tengo Tengo. Previously unreleased
13. Household Name – Indoctrination
14. Shee Hees – (I made love on the) AstroTurf. Previously unreleased
15. The Three Johns – Snitch
16. Gang of Four – Disco Sound. Previously unreleased.
17. MRA – Monument
18. Another Colour – World From a Chair. Previously unreleased.
19. The Three Johns – Bloop
Cover design: David Caines